Venue: Rich Mix, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London E1 6LA
Venue Tel: +44 (0)20 7613 7498
Venue Web: www.richmix.org.uk
Nearest Tube: Shoreditch High Street/Liverpool St/Old St
Date: Thursday 28th March 2013
Doors: 7.00pm-12am / Show Starts: 8pm
Entry: £10 advance from www.knock2bag.co.uk / £12 on the door
Adandoman and an all star line-up take the stage at Knock2bag East
Cult comedy night Knock2bag returns to East London featuring an all star line-up of exciting, surreal and extraordinary comedians.Abandoman the free-styling comedy duo of Rob Broderick and James Hancox headline alongside the surreal and absurd Will Frankenand fast-rising star and winner of 2012’s ‘So You Think You’re Funny?’ Aisling Bea.
They will be joined by:
- · Up and coming urban comedian Dane Baptiste
- · The young and quick witted Ivo Graham
- · The dark contemporary and very fun musical comedy duo Ginger and Black
- · Chortle award nominated podcaster Ed Gamble (Compere)
About the performers:
Abandoman are a multi-award winning duo who create hilarious freestyle songs at lightning speed based on audience suggestions with astonishing and hysterical results. They are winners of the Hackney Empire New Act of the Year award, the Musical Comedy Awards and most recently the 2012 Adelaide Fringe Festival’s Best Comedy Newcomer Award.
- · “A freestyle talent that is unparalleled anywhere in the market” – The Independent
- · “Flight of the Conchords meets 8 Mile.” – Chortle.co.uk ★★★★
- · “Truly innovative” – The Guardian
- · “Killer punchlines. Note-perfect, lyrically mind-blowing hip-hop improv. Genius!” – The Stage
- · “A star of the future!” – Time Out
Will Franken, after finding success in his hometown NYC the absurdist performance artist will be providing a masterful, mind altering comedy described by The Guardian as the best alternative to psychedelic drugs.
- · “What elevates him above your garden-variety comedian is an erudite wit and a highly developed sense of the absurd” – The New York Times
- · “A hilarious, dryly intelligent comedian” – The Reno News
- · ‘An astounding character comedian who makes almost everyone else in his field look like lazy chancers.’ – Chortle
Aisling Bea is an Irish comedian, writer and actress who won the 2012 Foster’s So You Think You’re Funny? Award, and has appeared in numerous TV shows including The Town (ITV), Dead Boss (BBC), Cardinal Burns (E4) and Come Fly With Me (BBC).
- · “One To Watch” – The Independent
- · “She’s got energy and physicality that makes her lively, scattergun routine fire on all cylinders” – Steve Bennett, Chortle
- · “Already making waves on TV as an actor… Bea’s certainly got an eye for a good gag that could lead to a very promising stand-up career.” –The Guardian
Dane Baptiste is an up and coming comedian from South-East London, who, since moving over to the mainstream circuit has quickly risen up the ranks and is now a regular at some of the country’s most famous venues including Up the Creek, Comedy Café, Frog & Bucket and Jongleurs.
- · ‘…engaging, smart and with many a sharp line. This chap is going places’ – Tyrone Atkins, Comedy Heat
Ivo Graham was awarded the acclaimed So You Think You’re Funny 2009 New Act Award at the Edinburgh Fringe festival and was nominated for Chortle Best Newcomer Award before being chosen to perform at the Montreal Just For Laughs Festival. Since graduating from Oxford University in 2012 Ivo looks set to take the comedy world by storm.
- · ‘One of the best young comedians around…’ – Time Out
- · ‘The intelligence and maturity of Ivo Graham is remarkable’ **** – Three Weeks.
Ginger and Black are a Musical double act featuring Eri Jackson Life’s Too Short (BBC2) & Ideal (BBC3) and Daniel Lawrence Taylor The Inbetweeners (E4) & How Not To Live Your Life (BBC3); As well as sketch comedy, they perform songs that are dark, contemporary and very fun.
- · ‘So sharp they’re in danger of impaling the audience’ – The Guardian
- · “This young, wry comedy duo is on the road to somewhere” – the Scotsman
Ed Gamble is a regular host at Knock2bag and a rising star who’s supported Greg Davies and Russell Kane on their national tours, he’s also co-writer and co-host of the Chortle Award nominated Peacock and Gamble Podcast and appeared on Russell Howard’s Good News (BBC3).
- · ‘moments of stupendous invention’ – The List