STAR OF BBC DOC BROWN COMES TO EAST LONDON
“The Guardian praised cult night is back, dishing up a sensational mix of unique and surreally cool comedians.”
Rapper turned comedian Doc Brown will be joined by a host of exciting and surreal up & coming comedy acts at the award winning cult night Knock2Bag on 19th October at Rich mix.
He will be joined by:
- The country’s most risqué sketch troupe Late night gimp fight
- Absurdist performance artist Will Franken
- Enchanting comedy songwriter Tom Adams
- Rising Canadian musical comic Mae Martin
- Comedy skit and sketch trio Sheeps.
- Beardy award winner Ian Smith will host the night
About the performers:
Doc Brown Has sold-out dates at the Edinburgh Festival, Soho Theatre and the Royal Albert Hall with his one-man show Unfamous, a tongue in cheek take on hip hop culture. He’s recently been seen on BBC in shows such as Russell Howards good news as well as writing and starring in CBBC’s the 4 o’clock club. He also supported Ricky Gervais during his European tour in 2012 and is set to star alongside him in Gervais’ new C4 show ‘Derek’.
- “If Brown keeps mining this rich seam of hip-hop comedy, his fame should look after itself.” – The Guardian
- “One of comedy’s rising stars” – Time Out
Late Night Gimp Fight’s dangerously risqué, obscene and hilariously crude sketches won them the Best Newcomer Award at the Edinburgh Fringe (2010) and they are sure to put on a memorable show after a great run at 2012’s fringe.
- Their sheer verbal, physical and visual inventiveness leaves you breathless”
– Edinburgh Evening News
- “All Hail Late Night Gimp Fight” – The Independent
- “Their gloriously bad taste may be the key to a bright future” – The Guardian
Will Franken, after finding success in his hometown NYC the absurdist performance artist from across the water will be providing a masterful, mind altering comedy described by the Guardian as the best alternative to Psychadelic Drugs.
- “What elevates him above your garden-variety comedian is an erudite wit and a highly developed sense of the absurd” – The New York Times
- “A hilarious, dryly intelligent comedian” – The Reno News
Tom Adams, aims to bring a different approach to musical comedy and will be enchanting the audiences ears with his witty and wry tunes which have already earned him a place at this year’s Music Comedy Awards.
- “A quietly assured comic, whose material is constantly unexpected…funny, original, whimsical songs” – The Scotsman
- “A very talented comic” – Time Out
Mae Martin, New to the English scene this Canadian act is a rising star in comedy, a finalist at Hackney new variety act of the year, she’s also recently won ‘best international performer’ at the Brighton Fringe.
- “Martin’s conversational style is refreshing and wickedly funny” – SpoonFed
- “Mae Martin is enticingly endearing” – Scotsgay
SHEEPS, a fresh and exciting sketch trio new to the scene since 2011 and are fast becoming known for their strong and exciting comedy skits and sketches.
- “Something quite different and very exciting indeed” (Independent)
- “A winning combination” (Guardian)
- “One of the strongest new acts around” (The Times)
- “One of the most exciting sketch acts to emerge in years” (Time Out)